Weber is one of the most popular names in outdoor cooking, and the company is a true innovator in the grilling industry.
Weber revolutionized backyard cooking when it first sold the original Kettle grill in 1952.
The original design, with a few changes to keep up with the times, is still widely used today.
Countless outdoor cooking enthusiasts will tell you that nothing beats the quality or simplicity of a Weber Kettle.
If you’re asking the question: are Weber Kettle grills good? The answer is a clear yes.
Let’s find out what makes the Weber Kettle grill so perfect for many homes.
The Best Charcoal Grill for Most People
Two key advantages make the Weber Kettle grill ideal for most home cooks.
These are simplicity and performance.
The Kettle design uses charcoal at the bottom of a rounded cooking chamber to produce heat across a large rounded surface.
With a matched hood that offers plenty of clearance, Weber Kettle grills are ideal for top-up and top-down cooking.
With the hood up, it’s easy to get searing direct heat for steaks, burgers, and other popular ingredients.
With the hood down, the rich smokey flavor is infused and food can be cooked slower and longer for excellent results.
A Weber Kettle can grill and smoke, making it versatile for your cooking needs.
The learning curve is surprisingly small when using a Weber Kettle, even if you’re more familiar with gas or electric grills.
The hardest step is getting the coals lit, and even this becomes simple with affordable accessories like this Weber Charcoal Starter.
Heat is controlled by opening or closing the venting system.
Opening the vents, or opening the lid, will introduce more oxygen for a stronger coal burn.
Closing the vents and the lid reduces the oxygen flow and allows for slower and longer cooking times.
Cooking with a Weber Kettle is intuitive and feels very natural once you get the hang of it.
Reliability is Impressive with a Weber Kettle
Compared to a gas grill, there’s very little to go wrong with a Weber Kettle.
There are no complex mechanical parts to fail. It’s not uncommon to see Weber Kettle grills in backyards that have been used for years if not decades.
Quality metal, a durable coating, and solid cooking grids all add durability.
This is backed up by Weber’s impressive warranty.
- The cooking bowl and lid are covered for ten years for rust and burn-through.
- Plastic components like the wheels and handles are covered for five years.
- The cleaning system on a premium Weber Kettle grill is covered for five years.
- All other parts are covered for two years.
Weber has an extensive international service network so you can get warranty coverage wherever these grills are sold through official channels.
Weber Kettle Grills are Affordable
The most affordable option, the original Kettle, typically retails for around $100, putting it into competition with brands that don’t have the same pedigree or reliability as Weber.
Even when investing in a premium Kettle, the price is competitive with similar gas and charcoal models.
Are Weber Kettle Grills Good? Absolutely!
The Weber Kettle design has dominated the charcoal grilling market for almost 70 years.
This hasn’t been an accident.
Weber combines great construction, durable materials, and a classic yet effective design to provide the best outdoor cooking experience.
- If you’re looking for your next grill and want something simple and reliable, consider the 22-Inch Original Kettle.
- Premium models come with an advanced cleaning and ventilation system in the classic Kettle design. Consider the Original Kettle Premium 22-Inch Grill if you love the original design but want something with quality-of-life improvements.
- If you want a Kettle integrated into a modern cart frame, the 22-Inch Performer Charcoal Grill is the ideal option. It has the same cleaning and ventilation system as the Premium model, with the addition of cart space for storage and prep.
You’ll love cooking outdoors when you do it on a Weber Kettle.