You’ve decided that this is the year to elevate your cooking game with a new set of pots and pans. Quality cookware can inspire you to try new recipes and techniques. When you have good equipment, you’ll be motivated to put more care into the meals you make.
If you want to make food like the best home cooks, you’ll need reliable pots and pans. However, with all of the options out there, it can be hard to choose the best ones. Most importantly, you’re probably wondering what is the best metal for pots and pans?
Stainless steel is the answer, but it’s important to understand why. Let’s take a look and consider two sets that could be perfect for your needs.
The Benefits of Stainless Steel Cookware
There are so many benefits of stainless steel cookware that it’s hard to narrow down the list. Whenever somebody asks what is the best metal for pots and pans, there are so many areas where stainless steel outperforms the competition.
If we consider the most important benefits of stainless steel, there are a few that stand out.
- Durability is the most obvious and arguably the most important benefit. If you’re going to be investing in pots and pans, you want to know that you’ll get a good return from the money you spend. The highest quality stainless steel pots and pans can easily last for a lifetime and beyond. Look for 18/10 grade stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is non-toxic and won’t leach any contaminants into your food. The very small amount of metals that leach from stainless steel are completely safe and are virtually undetectable (iron is the most common).
- When you cook with stainless steel, only your ingredients and your cooking technique will contribute to the flavor. Stainless steel won’t change the flavor of your food, and it doesn’t retain flavors or odors between cooking sessions. As long as you are cleaning your pots and pans after every use, it will be like cooking in newly unboxed cookware.
- Speaking of cleaning, stainless steel is one of the easiest cooking materials to maintain. There’s no seasoning like you get with high-carbon steel and cast iron, and even if food gets stuck, it can easily be dislodged by deglazing with some white wine after cooking. Stainless steel doesn’t have a coating so there’s no risk of ruining your pots and pans. Most people find that scrubbing isn’t necessary, because most modern cookware is dishwasher-safe.
- The best stainless steel cookware offers consistent heat transfer and retention. To achieve this, manufacturers use a three-ply metal system. In the core of the bottom and sides of the cookware, either copper or aluminum will be used. Adding this secondary metal to the core ensures that food cooks evenly and predictably, with no hot or cold spots.
- If you’re like many home cooks, looks probably matter to you. You put effort into making your food look good, so you also want your cookware to look good. There’s no denying that stainless steel pots and pans look amazing. Whether polished to a sheen, or brushed for a slightly matte finish, pots and pans look great displayed on shelves, in glass-door cabinets, or even hanging from hooks. Of course, looks don’t contribute to the cooking results, but it’s nice to know that your cookware can elevate your entire kitchen.
- Finally, you have to consider the value. Stainless steel is the best metal for pots and pans because it offers an excellent return on your investment. If you buy quality three-ply pans from trusted manufacturers, you’ll enjoy cooking in your pots and pans for a lifetime.
These points clearly show why stainless steel is the best metal for pots and pans. Choose high-grade steel and a trusted manufacturer, and you won’t regret your purchase.
These Sets Use the Best Metal for Pots and Pans
If you want to start browsing cookware that uses the best metal for pots and pans, we have two suggestions for you.
- The Kitchara Stainless Steel Cookware Set brings commercial quality into your home. Durable handles, an impressive five-ply design, and lifetime-lasting quality make these perfect for any enthusiastic home cook.
- If you’re willing to spend more for a well-known brand and a lifetime warranty, invest in the All-Clad D3 Compact Stainless Steel Cookware Set. It has all of the pieces needed for a range of cuisines, and the quality is second to none.
Enjoy cooking on stainless steel, the best metal for pots and pans.