Paying attention to food safety will protect you and your family from pathogens and illness.
The utensils that you use in your kitchen are important.
You need spoons, spatulas, servers, and other tools that are easy to clean and resistant to contamination.
If you’re ready to buy your next set and are wondering which metal utensils are safe for daily cooking, we have the guide for you.
Stainless Steel Utensils
Stainless steel is the most common and arguably the best metal for kitchen utensils.
It offers several technical benefits that will make it compelling for your kitchen.
Consider these key benefits:
- Excellent corrosion resistance so your stainless steel utensils won’t rust or stain.
- Stainless steel won’t react to acids or change the flavor of your food.
- Food and debris can be easily cleaned from stainless steel. Most modern stainless steel utensils are dishwasher-safe.
- Quality stainless steel utensils are incredibly durable, and could even last a lifetime if you choose the right set.
- Cooking at high temperatures is perfectly safe when using stainless steel utensils. This is why you will see the best grill tongs and tools made from stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is non-toxic and won’t leach dangerous contaminants into food.
These benefits all combine to make stainless steel popular in homes today.
Most importantly, stainless steel is safe.
Because it’s non-toxic, you won’t have to worry about contaminating your favorite ingredients.
Stainless steel isn’t porous, so there’s no risk of contaminants building up inside of the material.
Compared to wooden utensils, stainless steel is much easier to keep sterile.
Thorough cleaning after every use is enough to keep your utensils safe.
Cooper isn’t quite as popular as stainless steel, but it’s still an excellent option if you want safe kitchen utensils.
Copper shares many of the same properties.
It won’t rust or stain when properly cared for, and can last for many years.
Copper also has a unique look that many home cooks love.
The reddish-gold color is attractive and can stand out in a kitchen.
If you’re the type of person who loves to have things that are slightly out of the ordinary, then copper may appeal to you.
Just like stainless steel, copper is non-porous, it’s durable, it is great for high temperatures, and is non-toxic.
Copper is the next best choice if you want something different from the standard stainless steel utensils that are seen in so many homes.
Best Options for Safe Metal Utensils
There are three impressive cooking sets that you can consider for your kitchen today.
All of these sets are safe to use, durable, and flexible for different styles of cooking, serving, and preparation.
- If you need a complete replacement set for all of your commonly used utensils, consider this Maphyton 11 Piece Stainless Steel Utensils Set.
- If you prefer the look of copper, this Steelware Central Copper Kitchen Utensils Set is perfect for your basic everyday cooking needs.
- If you often cook outdoors on a searing hot grill (or even on an indoor grill), you can consider this Smokey Grill Accessories Tools Set.
Now you know which metal utensils are safe for daily cooking.
Both stainless steel and copper are non-stick, non-leaching, and they are inert and won’t react with your ingredients.
If you want traditional and familiar, opt for stainless steel.
If you want something more unique but equally safe, copper is the way to go.
You’ll enjoy cooking more when you know you’re using durable utensils that are safe for your family.