In an age where even the average person has a fair understanding of nutrition, it has become increasingly important to seek healthier food choices.
In addition to the ingredients that we eat, we also need to consider the methods that we use to cook.
It has long been known that frying in oil can introduce unneeded calories and high levels of fat into the diet. Grilling is a simple and flavorful way to cook with less oil.
Charcoal and gas are the most popular fuels used for grilling today, but electric grills are growing in popularity.
Is electric grilling healthy, and is it a good choice if you’re looking to eat better without compromising flavor?
The simple answer is yes, as long as you use the right ingredients.
Let’s take a look and did a little deeper….
The Benefits of Electric Grilling
Electric grills can be used indoors in well-ventilated areas, on covered decks and patios, and outdoors just like other grills. As long as you have access to a power outlet, you will be able to use an electric grill almost anywhere.
There are plenty of benefits offered by electric grills, with many to enjoy before you even consider the health factors.
Electric grilling can:
- Make life easier because you won’t need to worry about charcoal or gas.
- Give you more flexible cooking options in places where charcoal and gas would be unsafe.
- Reduce cooking costs if you have reasonable utility rates.
- Increase convenience without the need to store fuel.
- Improve safety with no open flame or hot coals.
When cooking with an electric grill, you can benefit your health by:
- Eliminating harmful gases and volatile organic compounds that could contaminate your food.
- Preventing the soot and excess carbon that a charcoal grill can produce.
- Reducing the amount of oil in your food.
- Minimizing burnt and chargrilled food that could increase your risk of developing cancer.
Electric grilling is both convenient and relatively healthy. However, to enjoy the best benefits from an electric grill, you will also need to think about the ingredients that you use.
Food Tips for Healthy Cooking on an Electric Grill
A healthy cooking method should be combined with ingredients that are better for you. You’ve learned that electric grills have health benefits. To maximize these, consider the following…
- Reduce your red meat intake by cooking lean poultry and fish.
- Increase your intake of salmon and tuna to gain the benefits of Omega-3.
- Avoid overcooking your food to preserve nutrients.
- Trim excess fat when cooking steak and pork. Fat is high in calories and can raise cholesterol.
- Cook more vegetables on your grill. An electric grill is ideal for skewered vegetable kebabs.
Is electric grilling healthy? The simple answer is yes, as long as you use the right ingredients. You can enjoy guilt-free and flavorful cooking when you invest in an electric grill.