Cooking outdoors is practically a nationwide activity complete with all the unlimited thrills of perfect summer vacation, right at home.
And for fervent addicts of barbecued bites, a small patio or sprawling backyard space and a matching barbecue pit are just about enough to throw an insane cookout.
However, many of the grills and BBQ pits mostly cherished by many in well-grilled steak or chicken have one big demerit – they are only used seasonally, but if one would invest in an electric barbecue grill then a whole new opportunity for grilling arises!
Who else can never go a week or two without that lip-smacking summertime flavor of a well-roasted steak?
Without a doubt, every ardent grilled meat lover deserves to enjoy a well-cooked and marinated beef steak all year round.
But given that some apartments do not have a backyard where the cooking outside is a breeze, a suitable solution ought to be there.
That’s when an indoor electric barbecue grill is needed the most.
Indoor Electric Barbecue Grill
Whoever said that grilling indoors would never be possible was probably lying because indoor barbecuing is pretty rife nowadays, perhaps even more popular than the conventional method.
For a creative individual who only needs the simplest recipes and ingredients to make a tantalizing dish for the whole family, an indoor electric barbecue grill is gold.
In fact, the device, despite being a bit smaller than the quintessential kinds, does magic in bringing together lovers of grilled meat during the cold winter periods.
Indoor electric roasts aren’t merely a perfect substitute for summer grills and BBQs – they are advanced versions, complete with all premier features of a modern-day electric grill.
As far as these tabletop electric units are safer and cook faster inside the house, most of them take a shorter period to boot as well.
Again, they can be broken down with ease, cleaned, and assembled again.
Apparently, professional cooks and chefs are among those using these simple and portable grilling and barbecue devices.
Conceivably, statistics seem to suggest that one out of every four households in the US own an indoor BBQ.
The phenomenon then begs for the answers to the question regarding their popularity.
Why are Indoor Electric Barbecue Grills Gradually Becoming Popular?
Indoor electric barbecue grills are becoming increasingly popular for several reasons.
- Convenience. Indoor electric barbecue grills are incredibly convenient to use. They are compact and can be used in small spaces, making them ideal for apartment dwellers or those with limited outdoor space. They are also easy to set up and use, with simple controls for temperature and power.
- Safety. Safety is a top priority for many people, and indoor electric barbecue grills offer a safer grilling option compared to traditional charcoal or gas grills. There are no open flames or gas leaks to worry about, reducing the risk of accidents. Many electric grills also come with safety features such as heat-resistant handles and automatic shut-off timers.
- Smoke-free. Indoor electric barbecue grills do not produce smoke or fumes, making them suitable for use in well-ventilated indoor spaces. This eliminates the need for ventilation systems or outdoor ventilation, making them a popular choice for indoor grilling.
- Cleanliness. Electric grills are generally easy to clean, with non-stick coated cooking surfaces or removable plates that can be easily cleaned. There are no ashes or charcoal to clean up, reducing the mess associated with traditional grilling methods.
- Versatility. Indoor electric barbecue grills are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking styles, from grilling to searing, sautéing, and even baking. Some electric grills offer adjustable temperature settings or multiple heat zones, allowing for different types of food to be cooked simultaneously.
- Healthier cooking. Many indoor electric barbecue grills have drip trays that collect excess grease and fat, resulting in healthier cooking with less smoke and reduced risk of flare-ups. This can be appealing to health-conscious individuals who want to enjoy grilled food with less fat and grease.
- Energy-efficient. Electric grills are generally considered more energy-efficient than charcoal or gas grills, as they heat up quickly and can maintain a consistent temperature. They also do not require fuel, such as charcoal or propane, reducing ongoing costs.
In summary, indoor electric barbecue grills are gaining popularity due to their convenience, safety, smoke-free operation, cleanliness, versatility, healthier cooking options, and energy efficiency.
They offer a practical and efficient grilling solution for those who want to enjoy the experience of grilling indoors.
However, for those people who shop for a tabletop electric grill basing on its features, different models also have many awesome benefits.
Many of these indoor electric grills and BBQs feature a combination of characteristics that’s virtually endless to boot.
From a built-in temperature gauge to let you know when the grate is hot and thus ready for cooking to the adjustable thermostat, these kitchen equipment are ingeniously made.
Family size, the frequency of usage, and efficiency majorly dictate the current crop of indoor BBQs.
Moreover, some brands are given an innovative design for a better visual appeal.
And at the surface, the best features that probably make them supreme include:
(1). Portable and lightweight – any grill that’s not bulky and cumbersome and still works fine is sure to get a buyer. Indoor electric barbecues aren’t just portable – most of them are barely the size of a Microwave and never disappoint.
(2). Built-in Temperature Gauge – instead of having a meat thermometer, many grilled meat junkies only prefer to have an electric grill that comes with a temperature regulation device. Cooking becomes easy given that when the required heat level is attained, a subtle ‘Green’ light glows to alert you.
(3). An adjustable Thermostat – even when you are cooking indoors and would perhaps delight in serving the best meals, accurate and consistent temperatures are mandatory. Different temperatures literally define how food can be cooked. So, many people choose to buy an indoor grill because of its flexibility in preparing different foods.
(4). Temperatures that even exceed 600 degrees Fahrenheit – the gold standard temperature for properly roasting steaks and other pieces of meat seldom reaches 5000 F. However, 6000 F is pretty much incredible for a small barbecue.
(5). Removable cooking plate – nowadays, cleaning a large grill is not possible because all one needs is a simple, portable electric grill whose cooking grate can be removed at any time and cleaned.
(6). Sizeable cord length – many indoor electric grills enthusiasts look beyond the low cost of fuel, the ease of lighting, and how fast the grill warms up. Manufacturers seem to lay much emphasis on the length of the cord given that no one would love to be always leashed to the wall socket.
(7). Price – despite being easy to assemble and clean, dishwasher safe, and having heat resistant hurdles, it is surprising that most of them are still affordable.
Indoor Electric Barbecue Grills Promote Good Health
Indoor electric barbecue grills can promote good health in several ways.
- Reduced Fat and Grease. Many indoor electric grills have drip trays that collect excess grease and fat as food cooks. This can result in healthier cooking, as it reduces the amount of fat and grease that is absorbed by the food, resulting in lower calorie and fat content in the final cooked product.
- Less Smoke and Fumes. Indoor electric grills do not produce smoke or fumes, as they do not use charcoal or gas as fuel. This can be beneficial for those with respiratory issues or sensitivities to smoke, as it minimizes exposure to harmful particles in the air.
- Control over Cooking Temperature. Electric grills often come with adjustable temperature settings, allowing you to have precise control over the cooking temperature. This can help you cook food to perfection, reducing the risk of overcooking or burning, and preserving the nutritional content of the food.
- Retention of Nutrients. Electric grills typically use a direct cooking method, where the food is cooked directly on the grilling surface without the need for excessive oil or fats. This can help retain the natural nutrients in the food, such as vitamins and minerals, which can be lost with other cooking methods that require added oils or fats.
- Healthier Cooking Options. Indoor electric grills offer the option to grill lean meats, fish, vegetables, and fruits, which are considered healthier food choices compared to fried or heavily processed foods. Grilling can help retain the natural flavors and textures of the food, without the need for excessive added fats or oils, promoting a healthier diet.
- Reduced Risk of Carcinogens. When grilling with charcoal or gas, there is a potential risk of the formation of harmful carcinogens, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and heterocyclic amines (HCAs), which can be produced during the combustion of charcoal or fat drippings. Indoor electric grills, which do not use charcoal or produce open flames, can reduce the risk of exposure to these harmful compounds.
In conclusion, indoor electric barbecue grills can promote good health by reducing fat and grease, minimizing smoke and fumes, providing control over cooking temperature, retaining nutrients, offering healthier cooking options, and reducing the risk of carcinogens.
However, it’s important to remember that a well-balanced diet and overall healthy lifestyle are key to maintaining good health, and grilling alone should not be relied upon as the sole factor for promoting good health.
Would You Like to Buy a Tabletop Electric Barbecue Grill?
Indeed matters around personal preference extensively contribute to the fame and popularity of indoor electric units, and that’s why many choose this sublime equipment.
But as technology and innovation prevail, manufacturers also contribute to the widespread acceptance.
If you would like to buy one, better consider looking at the following features on top of those mentioned above:
- A model with an On/Off switch
All indoor grill models use electricity to work. However, with an On/Off switch, it would be easier to control how the device works. The switch also makes the house safe as it would reduce cases of flames that start when they are not turned off.
- Consider the wattage
It is expected that you choose a unit that can heat up enough to grill meat. However, wattage is equally important as it explains how much power the device would need before it functions. Preferably, 1,000-1,500 watts is just about enough to reliably roast and tan your meat, sear it with grill marks and ensure that it is well cooked.
- Choose a unit with a built-in temperature control system
With such a feature, regulating the amount of heat when the chicken or meatballs are nearly ripe would be a breeze. You will quickly lower the temperature and allow the meat to cook with ease.
- The ease of cleaning
While just about all indoor grilling units come with easy-to-clean, non-stick pans, some of them are far much easier to clean than others. Important to note is if the estimated cleaning time is stated and the device is dishwasher safe. Other considerations include if it can be assembled and cleaned and also if it comes with a cleaning tool.
As well as the overall cost remaining affordable, any tabletop grilling out that comes with a quality guarantee is worth buying. It means that the item is made to the right standards and the manufacturer is indeed confident about its efficiency.
Tips for Indoor Grilling on an Electric Barbecue Grill
Indoor grilling on an electric barbecue grill can be a convenient and delicious way to cook your favorite foods.
Here are some tips to help you achieve the best results.
- Preheat the grill. Just like with outdoor grilling, preheating the electric grill is important for even cooking. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for preheating time and temperature, and make sure the grill reaches the desired temperature before placing food on the grilling surface.
- Use the right cooking surface. Electric grills typically come with non-stick coated cooking surfaces or removable grill plates. Make sure to use the appropriate surface for your desired cooking style, whether it’s grilling, searing, sautéing, or baking. Ensure that the cooking surface is clean and well-maintained for optimal cooking results.
- Marinate and season your food. Marinating your meats, vegetables, or fruits can add flavor and tenderness to your grilled dishes. Allow enough time for the marinade to penetrate the food before grilling. Season your food with herbs, spices, and seasoning blends to enhance the flavor.
- Adjust cooking time and temperature. Electric grills typically have adjustable temperature settings, allowing you to control the cooking temperature. Keep an eye on your food and adjust the temperature as needed to ensure it is cooked to perfection. Follow recommended cooking times for different types of food to avoid overcooking or undercooking.
- Use a meat thermometer. To ensure that meat is cooked to the desired level of doneness, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. This will help you achieve safe and delicious results, especially with meats like poultry or pork that require specific cooking temperatures.
- Avoid overcrowding the grill. Overcrowding the grill can lead to uneven cooking and result in food sticking to the grilling surface. Leave enough space between food items to allow for proper heat circulation and ensure even cooking.
- Keep it clean. Regularly clean the grill plates or cooking surface to prevent buildup of grease and food debris. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance, and avoid using abrasive or harsh cleaning tools that could damage the non-stick coating.
- Experiment with different foods. Indoor electric grilling offers versatility, so don’t be afraid to try grilling different types of foods, such as vegetables, fruits, seafood, and even pizza. Experiment with different marinades, rubs, and seasonings to create unique and delicious grilled dishes.
- Practice safety precautions. As with any cooking method, safety is important. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for safe use of the electric grill, including proper handling of hot surfaces, cords, and electrical components. Always unplug the grill after use and allow it to cool down completely before cleaning.
With these tips, you can enjoy successful indoor grilling on your electric barbecue grill and create delicious, flavorful meals for yourself and your family.