Camp Chef is a popular American grill brand, producing a range of fire pits, cast iron cookware, flat-top grills, smokers, gas grills, outdoor cooking stations, and pellet grills.
Based in Cache Valley, Utah, the company makes products popular with outdoor enthusiasts and backyard cooks. Although an American company, you’ve probably asked the question, is Camp Chef made in the USA?
As with many traditional brands, manufacturing is now outsourced, but the quality remains high.
Camp Chef Designs and Markets Grills Made in China
Camp Chef grills and cooking stations are made in China using parts and materials sourced internationally. Design and production are overseen by Camp Chef in the USA.
Manufacturing in China allows for competitive pricing and access to state-of-the-art factory facilities. Camp Chef stands behind all their products and there’s a high level of quality control.
When asking is Camp Chef made in the USA, it’s important to consider that many of the most popular brands also outsource their manufacturing to China. Some examples include:
- Coleman – One of the largest producers of camping goods and grills.
- Lodge – A marketer of cast iron cookware.
- Bayou Classic – A popular cookware and cooking station brand.
Chinese-made goods can come with some stigma, but it’s often unjustified. Some of the best grills and cookware products are made in China.
The key to making a long-term investment is to choose a trustworthy brand that has oversight of designs and quality control.
Camp Chef isn’t made in the USA, but the company goes to great effort to ensure that all of its products are suited to long-term use. Reliability, features, and cost-competitive prices all come together when you buy Camp Chef products.
Popular Camp Chef Grills and Cooking Stations
You only need to look at some of the Camp Chef products to see that the quality and features are competitive with the wider industry.
- The Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Stove is one of the most popular camping and outdoor stoves. Propane-driven and designed for years of durability, it’s the ideal choice for campers, tailgaters, or home cooks who prefer preparing meals on the patio or in the backyard.
- Camp Chef is popular with home cooks who love slow-cooked food infused with natural smoke flavors. The Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with Sear Box is digitally controlled and perfect for home cooks who want a reliable smoker with a large grilling area.
Is Camp Chef made in the USA? The quick answer is no, but this doesn’t impact the quality, reliability, or features of Camp Chef products. When you want quality at a reasonable price, this is one of the first brands that you should consider.