If you’re set on getting a cheap grill to spice up your outdoor or even indoor cooking, then getting a good gas grill might be the perfect option for you.
As such, we reviewed the best gas grills under 400 dollars in the market currently for you, to make your search effortless.
At this price range, you are still going to be getting a decent quality that can still stand up to the high-end grills.
While they won’t be coming with the same features as the high-end grills, you will still be getting a good grill that can comfortably cook up some amazing food, effortlessly and within a nick of time!
Choosing a grill is not quite as simple as comparing the features.
You’ll want to look at consumer reviews and ratings to get the best idea of how features, performance, design, and appearance all come together.
Here you’ll find the best gas grills under 400, the features that make them stand out, and learn how well they perform in any given situation.
Whether you love to cook BBQ cuts low and slow, or grill steaks and burgers at searing temperatures, you’ll find the perfect solution.
Gear up and relax, because, at the end of this detailed review of the best gas grills under 400 dollars, you will have mastered the art of choosing the best gas grill that suits your needs unexcelled!
As You Compare the Best Gas Grills Under 400 Dollars, Keep the Most Important Aspects in Mind
- How big is the grill? A larger cooking area allows you to cook for more people, or with larger ingredients.
- What is the grill made from? Stainless steel will always be the best material, however, some of the best gas grills under 400 also use coated steel, which can resist rust and damage for many years.
- How many burners are there? More burners produce higher cooking power, but there’s more to it than that. Having an array of two, three, five, or even more burners will give you the option to cook over different temperature zones, which is ideal when working with unique ingredients.
- What kind of features are included? Do you need a side burner for stews and sauces? Maybe you want a rotisserie burner or mounting points for a universal rotisserie? Consider what you want to get out of your grill and look for the features that appeal to you.
- How much does it cost? A higher price doesn’t necessarily mean a better grill for your needs. Set a budget range and then consider the different grills within it. Always keep your needs in mind. Starting with the best gas grills under 400 will allow you to save time and even money as you invest in a versatile and long-lasting cooking station.
Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
As one of the most trusted names in home grilling, Char-Broil is a great brand to start with when looking for the best gas grills under 400 dollars.
This model packs in the features while remaining affordable for every family.
The familiar cart design is both attractive and practical.
This grill can easily be relocated around your yard or patio to cook wherever it’s convenient.
The body is made from stainless steel, improving durability and maximizing your investment.
With four individual burners, this grill pumps out plenty of heat, and the large cooking surface makes it easy to cook with indirect heat.
The side burner adds versatility for a pot, skillet pan, or anything you would use on a stovetop.
- Attractive and durable stainless steel design.
- Plenty of burners for different cooking zones.
- 36,000 BTU total heat output.
- Large 425 square inch cooking surface.
- The cart doesn’t include a storage cabinet.
- Cast iron cooking grates would be better replaced with stainless steel options.
A couple of compromises will be easily overlooked by most buyers.
With the features and quality, this is one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars.
Megamaster Propane Gas Grill, Black
Polished and matte stainless steel finishes are popular in the modern grilling scene. However, your patio or yard decor could call for something that takes a different approach.
The Megamaster 720-0982 Propane Gas Grill could fit the bill, with a unique black finish that makes it stand out.
It’s not all about aesthetics here. This grill is designed to perform and it’s an excellent choice for budget-conscious buyers.
It features 5 burners for versatility and full heat coverage over the grilling surface.
There are 656 square inches of total cooking area, making this a great choice for any home cook that loves to entertain guests.
Porcelain flame tamers are used to keep the cost reasonable, but the compromise is not one that you need to worry about.
Even heat distribution is easy to achieve on this grill.
The Megamaster includes all the features you need for simple cooking, without including anything that would ramp up the costs.
When you want something that simply performs, for a great price, this will not disappoint.
While there’s no side burner included, the large primary cooking surface will help make up for this omission.
Assembly is simple, and the grill feels sturdy when all instructions are followed. This is a cooking appliance that inspires confidence.
Cook your favorite foods with no fuss and clean up in minutes with a single drip pan.
Body material is cast iron with a porcelain enamel finish that will resist corrosion over many seasons of grilling.
- Excellent price to performance.
- Five burners create perfect roasting conditions or the ability to slow cook away from direct flame.
- Massive 675 square inch total cooking area.
- The single drip-pan grease management system is simple and efficient.
- The impressive aesthetic for the right buyer. Red accents give the grill a real presence.
- Flame tamers vaporize juices to add smoky BBQ flavor.
- The all-black design might not appeal to every buyer or outdoor setting.
- Cart design lacks a cabinet for storage.
- Lacking a side burner.
Great looks and excellent cooking make this a top choice among affordable best gas grills under 400 dollars.
Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill # Best Seller
Weber has remained at the top of the outdoor cooking market for generations.
It is an innovator in both gas and charcoal designs, and this Spirit II E-210 model incorporates much of what the brand is known for.
The construction quality is excellent, with heavy-duty coated steel parts and some stainless steel accents.
The hood is enamel coated to increase heat resistance and prevent corrosion.
There are only two burners on this grill and the cooking surface is relatively small at 360 square inches.
It’s ideal for family cooking and entertaining small groups of friends.
The grill offers good heat performance and it’s easy to use with Weber’s proprietary GS4 Grilling System.
Reliability and durability are the focus when you choose this gas grill.
- Convenient cart design with storage tray.
- An easy grease collection system makes cleaning a breeze.
- Quality components with a durable coated finish.
- Two high-powered burners for dual cooking zones.
- Smaller size limits cooking options when entertaining guests.
- High price compared to other models with similar features.
Weber is known for its quality and this grill doesn’t disappoint.
This sturdy grill will last for years, although its size might not suit every family.
When willing to pay a premium for a top-tier manufacturer, this is one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars.
Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill, Black
This Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro is designed for home cooks who want high performance with a low price tag.
There are three main burners on the grill, producing up to 40,800 BTU of heat.
With 438 square inches of cooking space, this can cover family cooking needs as well as weekend grilling with friends.
The large cooking surface is complemented by an oversized barrel hood that is perfect for top-down cooking.
Add a smoker box and wood chips and this would be the perfect slow cooker.
With three burners, it’s easy to cook off direct heat, and the vented smokestacks can be used to carefully regulate temperature.
This grill isn’t as durable as others in this price range, but it makes up for it with size and a convenient side burner.
- Simple cart design in an attractive black finish.
- Large cooking surface and side shelves.
- Included side burner for convenience and versatility.
- The vented hood is ideal for BBQ-style cooking.
- Thinly coated metal components aren’t as durable as the competition.
- Open cart design lacks any storage for accessories.
This is one of the lower-priced best gas grills under 400 dollars, but what it lacks in premium design, it makes up for in cooking performance.
It’s a great choice for home cooks who want the best possible experience on the lowest possible budget.
Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 LP Gas Grill
The best gas grills under 400 dollars usually incorporate some limited features and basic grilling technologies.
This TRU-Infrared Char-Broil grill is different. With three main burners and 450 square inches of primary cooking space, it’s ideal for entertaining.
This grill also incorporates an innovative infrared system to increase searing temperatures, allowing for perfect steaks, chops, burgers, and any of your favorite ingredients.
In addition to the infrared technology, there’s also a side burner to increase versatility.
Add a pot or pan and this grill will become an all-in-one outdoor cooking station.
Construction quality is excellent with a combination of stainless steel and coated steel. All parts feel heavy and durable, inspiring confidence.
The cart design is mounted on caster wheels to improve portability around a yard, patio, or next to a pool.
- Excellent construction quality and materials.
- Side burner and infrared system.
- Large cooking surface with three burner zones.
- The large hood is compatible with a rotisserie system.
- Hard to follow assembly instructions.
- Right at the top of its price range.
Ready for traditional grilling, high heat searing, or anything in between, Char-Broil has produced one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars with this model.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet LP Gas Grill
Looking for something small and affordable for use on a patio, deck, or large balcony?
This Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 2-Burner Gas Grill could be perfect.
Char-Broil has incorporated the features from some of its larger models, fitting everything into a small pedestal design.
Even with a smaller footprint, the materials are still excellent with coated and stainless steel parts.
The side shelves fold down to improve portability, and the grill is mounted on caster wheels to make it easy to move around and store.
Cooking performance is excellent with two stainless steel burners and 325 square inches of primary cooking space.
This grill is best for family cooking or entertaining small groups.
The TRU-Infrared system increases searing heat to get the perfect crust on steaks and similar ingredients.
- Small and portable but with a decently sized cooking area.
- Infrared technology to increase cooking power.
- Commercial quality burners.
- Large hood with rotisserie mounting points.
- Not ideal for entertaining large groups.
- Limited cooking zone options with just two burners.
A smaller version of some of Char-Broil’s more popular grills, this is one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars for people with limited space.
Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
The best gas grills under 400 dollars aren’t always what you would expect.
The Weber Q1200 is a small and portable option that would work as well on a home patio table as it would on a paved floor or next to an RV.
The small design belies the cooking power and performance of this interesting compact grill.
There’s a single burner that produces 8500 BTU, which is more than enough for the 189 square inch cooking surface.
Without the space of some larger grills, cooking will be limited to 4-6 people at a time.
For family use, tailgating, and even camping, it’s a great option.
The construction quality is impressive, just like people expect from Weber.
There’s even a generously sized hood with a thermometer built right in.
The cooking grates are porcelain enamel to produce impressive sear marks and provide excellent heat retention.
- A convenient grease catch system makes cleaning easy.
- Can be used at home or on the road.
- Folding side shelves make it simple to store the grill.
- Classic Weber quality makes this grill feel durable.
- Small cooking surface limits options for ingredients and group cooking.
- Best for tabletop use unless purchased with the Weber 6557 Portable Cart.
Compact but with great cooking performance, this is one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars for smaller homes, picnics, and camping.
Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
Portable grills don’t get much smaller than the Solaire Everywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill.
Despite its unassuming size and design, this is a great performer that would suit a specific type of buyer.
Solaire has used all stainless steel construction for this model, ensuring that it will last for years when properly cleaned and stored after use.
Even the cooking grates are stainless steel, which is impressive at this price point.
There’s a single burner below 140 square inches of cooking space.
This grill has a hood, but it’s shallow and only ideal for simple ingredients like burgers, wings, steaks, and hot dogs.
For anyone that travels frequently and wants one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars for small groups of four people, this grill is a winner.
- Excellent stainless steel grates and body.
- Efficient design perfect for groups of four.
- A great camping grill.
- Uses infrared heating technology to get the perfect sear.
- High price for a small travel grill.
- Shallow hood design limits top-down cooking options.
Solaire has created a premium grill for camping, tailgating, fishing, and more. When conditions call for a small and portable grill, this is one of the best models to consider.
Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop
Here’s another tabletop grill to consider when looking for the best gas grills under 400 dollars.
This option is one of the best in its class, with some features that help it perform beyond the competition.
With a single gas burner, this grill produces up to 10,000 BTU of heat.
The burner uses a “U” design to ensure consistent heat across the entire surface.
The grill features 305 square inches of total cooking area, thanks to an integrated rack in the hood.
This grill can cook six to eight standard burgers at a time, or any combination of ingredients for up to six people.
The hood is larger than most in this form factor, allowing for top-down cooking to maximize flavor.
Construction is excellent with high-quality stainless steel used for every element.
The grill is designed to be used with 16oz disposable cylinders, making it the perfect companion for camping and tailgating.
- Large cooking area for a portable grill.
- Includes a large hood with a secondary rack.
- Reliable push-button ignition system.
- Integrated hood thermometer.
- Consistent heating across the entire cooking surface.
- Small size limits the grill to portable use or small family meals.
- Incompatible with a standard cart system.
This grill is where portability meets premium quality.
It’s one of the best gas grills under 400 dollars thanks to its performance and compact size.
Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Char-Broil’s Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner grill is an excellent choice if you need a smaller option for your patio or outdoor entertainment area.
The size makes it highly portable, and there’s still 425 square inches of the primary cooking surface to take care of family or large group cooking.
You could easily fit eight burgers, two large steaks, and still have room for poultry cuts, sausages, or hot dogs.
If you’re going all-in on burgers, you could fit 20 in a single session.
The main burners provide up to 36,000 BTUs of heat, which is more than enough considering the compact design.
Has a swing-away warming rack that provides a secondary cooking area, ideal for sides or toasting buns. Rack measures 22.8-in wide x 7.4-in deep.
All the essential elements of the grill are made from quality stainless steel, including the body, burners, and heat spreaders.
Cooking surfaces are porcelain enamel to keep costs reasonable.
Overall construction quality is excellent, and dual side trays keep things convenient. There’s even a hidden 10,000 BTU side burner, giving you some extra versatility when you need it.
- Great construction quality for the price.
- Added side burner for flexibility.
- The top brand with a reputation for quality.
- Relatively affordable considering its power output and size.
- Ideal for family cooking, holidays, parties, and special events.
- Porcelain enamel surfaces help to retain heat and improve efficiency.
- Liberal use of stainless steel for body panels. The grill looks much more premium than the price would suggest.
- No cabinet storage. Front panels are for aesthetic purposes only.
- A basic cart design would work better with caster wheels on all legs.
You don’t need to spend a lot to get a high-quality grill. The char broil is a great investment and one of the top best gas grills under 400 for your backyard.
Picking the right grill that best suits your needs is sometimes a daunting task.
This is because of the so many options to choose from.
Besides, you have also to be careful not to spend money on a product which doesn’t fit your needs.
If you’ve got $400 in your pocket to plunk down for a grill, then these best gas grills under 400 dollars might be just what you’ve been looking for!
They are durable, simple to maintain, and offer high performance, all packed under our budget of the Best Gas Grills Under 400 dollars.
Now that you’ve explored some of the best gas grills on today’s market, it’s time to complete your purchase.
Order online for convenience, security, and delivery to your door.
Go and grab a new and affordable gas grill from our review of the best gas grills under 400 dollars and enjoy a wholesome and thrilling grilling experience!